If you are a regular computer user, you would have encountered situations wherein the system just freezes or doesn’t respond and the only option ahead of you is to reboot. It is not a great situation to be in and one that needs your immediate attention. Most users reinstall Windows without backing up data where the operating system was installed.
An interrupted installation can also corrupt the entire hard disk, resulting in data loss.
Let us look at few scenarios that causes Operating system crash and why you need to reinstall or upgrade your OS.
Reasons to install/ reinstall Operating system
- The system could be infected by a virus, malware, trojan horse or other dangerous threats.
- Unexpected system shutdowns occurred due to power outages, depleted battery or hardware failure if any new hardware additions were made.
- The system requires regular reboots, freezes often and is running slowly.
- The registry is corrupted. Your registry contains codes of all programs and operations you run. Installing and reinstalling programs can damage registry files.
- When you are in the process of changing system settings, there are possibilities of accidentally deleting wrong files – files that are crucial for normal functioning of your system.
- Operating systems are updated on a regular basis. When a plethora of new features are added, consumers are tempted to try it.
Data Recovery using Remo Recover software
You could have reinstalled Windows due to any reason and are worried about data lost in your Operating system drive, which is C Drive for most users.
Remo Recover software is well equipped to recover all data present on the drive before you reinstalled your OS.
Follow these steps for retrieval of your data:
- Download and install the latest version of Remo Recover software.
- After installation is complete, select Recover Drives and then Partition Recovery on the home screen.
- Select the drive from where the software should retrieve lost data and click next.
- The software scans the entire drive and lists your recovered data.
- You can preview the recovered data and then save it to a destination folder. Note that the output folder should not be on the same drive where data was lost.
The data recovery from hard drive after installing new OS is thus very simple.
Features of Remo Recover software
- Remo Recover software enables you to recover data from hard drives, memory cards, iPods, USB drives, FireWire drives.
- Supports recovery from various file systems including FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExFAT drives.
- Remo Recover can also recover data from formatted, re-formatted partitions and re-partitioned drives of all Windows and Mac Operating systems.
- If your hard drive is containing bad sectors, Remo Recover creates a disk image of the drive, bypassing all the bad sectors and then recovers data from this image.
- You can also pause and restart the recovery process anytime with “Save Recovery Session” feature.
- Recovered files can be saved to CD/DVD or any accessible drive.
- Recovered files can also be compressed to ZIP files in order to reduce disk space.
Safety measures to protect data
- Always have a backup of your important data files in an external storage device.
- After data loss has occurred, do not save anything on the drive where the Operating system was installed. New files can overwrite data and data recovery cannot be carried out.
- Make sure the install/reinstall of your Operating system happens smoothly without any interruptions.